Thursday, December 04, 2008

Gone, But Not Forgotten

Not someone.
Just Thanksgiving, 2008.

Someone said something the other day and I've been wanting to post about it, but . . . see previous post! Laugh.

Anyhow.

You know how people list things they are grateful for this time of the year.
Well, here are some things I'm thankful I don't have:

  • I'm thankful I don't have (as of yet, or that I know) any serious illness in my close and dear friends or family.
  • I'm thankful I'm not homeless. A mansion it's not, but home it is.
  • I'm thankful I don't have to eat from garbage cans (I know. It's gross to think about, but it does happen.) or eat strange food that causes my stomach to turn over just thinking about it.

  • I'm thankful that life is not hopeless--yet.
  • I'm thankful that I haven't gotten a hundred rejections--yet.
  • I'm thankful that I don't have blindness, crippling arthritis, deafness, or loss of smell--yet.
  • I'm grateful I'm not dead-yet.

  • And I'm happy that I don't not have a computer.
  • And I'm glad I don't live in the 1800's or farther back (shiver) no matter how romantic those crazy writers paint it.
  • I'm thrilled I don't live (although I'd love to visit) in Alaska where you have (I think) six months of semi-darkness and six months of light. Talk about depression!
  • I'm hysterically happy that I haven't lost the zeal to write!!!!



Quote:
The writers who succeed are the ones who refuse to buckle under the failures that are heaped upon them; who reject the notion that they are as mediocre as industry professionals say they are. --Jody Piccoult


Blessings

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...