Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Serious Wednesdays: A Crash Course in the Bible by Larry Vaughn

I'm happy to introduce a new writer friend today for Serious Wednesdays: Larry Vaughn. Please read on about his journey toward healing. I think you'll appreciate it!!

Get my New Audiobook for Free on Audible.com




My name is Larry Vaughn and I'm a Vietnam veteran. I thought I was one of the lucky ones who got away scot-free. But apparently, nobody who goes to war ever gets away scot-free. I had a good job,  a wonderful wife, and three lovely daughters. But I was in a bad mood most of the time. And then, one day I reached the point where I could no longer control my emotions.

My Doctors told me I had Post-Traumatic-Stress-Disorder. They took me off work and I never went back to my job as a Letter Carrier. I applied for a medical retirement. But the Postal Service took a year to process it. And during that time, we had no income. This was rock-bottom for me. I was broke. I was too sick to work  And I didn't know if I would ever be able to work again.

So I cried out to God in desperation and asked him to help me. And I started spending hours each day reading the Bible. I didn't know what I was doing at that time. But I was fellowshipping with God in his word. While I was getting to know the Lord, he was teaching me things that I needed to know. One of those things was how to cope with PTSD.

I've spent the last twenty years mining the Bible for life-lessons. And every time I saw a Bible verse that jumped out at me, I copied it down and I added it to my collection. I'm very excited about the things that I've learned from the Bible. I  want to share it with everyone. And that's why I wrote A Crash Course in the Bible.

A Crash Course in the Bible is a summary of the Bible's most important teachings. And it contains essential Bible verses that everyone needs to know. If you study these Bible verses carefully and take them to heart, they will comfort you and give you peace. They will help you make it through difficult times and they will change your life forever.

A Crash Course in the Bible is available as an ebook and a paperback on Amazon and as an audiobook on Audible. If you have the audiobook version of it on your phone, then you can listen to the word of God whenever you want. You can even listen to it when you're in bed at night. And you'll be like the man who's described in  Psalm One:

"But his delight is in the law of the Lord; 
and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 
And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, 
that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; 
his leaf shall not wither and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper." 
(Psalm 1:2-3)


Buy the book here:
You can get a free audiobook of A Crash Course in the Bible when you sign up for a free trial of Audible at this link:  https://amzn.to/2QqK3T7  And you can cancel your membership at any time and keep all of your audiobooks.

Amazon:  Amazon Print
Amazon:  Amazon Kindle


Readers, check out this book!! It's short, but a valuable resource for those who want to dig a little deeper into God's word.  










No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...